Over the past two days I did easy pace runs of ~38 minutes and ~7 miles. After todayâ€™s ~7 mile run I performed the following exercises:
- Leg swings forward and back with straight leg and bent leg (10 repetitions for each leg)
- Leg swings side-to-side with straight leg and bent leg (10 repetitions for each leg)
- Single-leg stands (~30 seconds)
- Pushups (10 repetitions)
- Monster walks side-to-side and forward-and-back (10 steps in each direction)
- Y, T, I, and W (10 repetitions for each position)
- Clamshells (20 repetitions on each side)
- Prone planks (~40 seconds)
- Side planks (~30 seconds)
- Supine planks (~30 seconds)
- Glute bridge hip lifts (10 repetitions)
- Quadrupeds (15 repetitions on each side)
- Toe yoga (10 cycles)
- Fire hydrants (10 repetitions on each side)
- Knee circles forward (10 repetitions for each leg)
- Knee circles backward (10 repetitions for each leg)
- Single-leg balances (~30 seconds)
After these exercises I performed foam rolling for ~15 minutes.
Recommendation and Tip of the Day: These are both the same for today. If you have not already done so, I recommend opting-in on the Welcome page to receive a Fitness Training Program. This provides a training plan with running, cross-training, stability, mobility, and strengthening exercises for 2-3 months, depending on your running history and the amount of time you have taken off from running. This program will help you achieve the aerobic and neuromuscular fitness you need to transition into more specific half- and full-marathon training. Once you have completed this program please feel free to contact me to talk more about a customized training program for you that is specific to your running goals, fitness, running history, and time available for training.
Live your best self today.
Your friend and coach,