Denver Running Coach Dr. Brian Hand:
- PhD Kinesiology (specialization Exercise Physiology, University of Maryland)
- Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) Certified Coach
- USA Triathlon Level I Coach
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (National Strength and Conditioning Association)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Boston Marathon qualifier (multi-time)
- Personal Records: marathon 3:06 (Madison Marathon 2014), half marathon 1:25 (Delaware C&D Canal Marathon 2007)
Dr. Brian Hand has enjoyed helping people as a running coach and in other exercise-related capacities for the past 20 years. He has helped individuals ages 8-83 years achieve their goals.
Brian has been an endurance athlete and particularly a runner most of his life. After experiencing some of the injuries common in other runners, Brian found that by using a properly periodized program that included flexibility and strengthening exercises, he could not only run injury-free, but accomplish and excel at his running goals.
Through his products and services, he educates and inspires athletes to unlock their maximum potential and make accomplishing their running goals injury-free and enjoyable!
- Hand BD, MC Kostek, RE Ferrell, MJ Delmonico, LW Douglass, SM Roth, JM Hagberg, and BF Hurley. The Influence of insulin-like growth factor pathway gene polymorphisms on the strength training response of muscle phenotypes in older adults. Journal of Applied Physiology, 103:1678-1687, 2007.
- Delmonico MJ, MC Kostek, ND Doldo, BD Hand, JA Bailey, KM Rabon-Stith, JM Conway, CR Carignan, J Lang and BF Hurley. Effects of moderate-velocity strength training on peak muscle power and movement velocity: do women respond differently than men? Journal of Applied Physiology, 99(5):1712-1718, 2005.
- Hand BD, SD McCole, MD Brown, JJ Park, RE Ferrell, A Huberty, LW Douglass, and JM Hagberg. NOS3 gene polymorphisms and exercise hemodynamics in postmenopausal women. International Journal of Sports Medicine, 27(12):951-958, 2006
In addition, Brian has been featured in the following articles:
• Triathlete Europe January 4, 2016 “3 Steps to a Better Run Warmup”
• Birchbox November 2014 “Reborn to Run: How to Fix Running Form and Avoid Injuries”
• Men’s Health October 2013 “The Easy Fix for a Faster Marathon”
• Runner’s World May 2012 “The Beginner’s Guide Head to Toe”
• Baltimore Sun “Essential Tips for Marathon Training”